Finding the right type of windows for your home can be quite the process with so many different options to choose from.
There are bay windows, energy-efficient windows, awning windows, casement, and so many more to choose from. So how do you know what windows are right for your home?
When selecting windows for your home you want to make sure that you are selecting windows with the right personality, lighting, glass, and feel. After all, you will be looking at these windows everyday in your home.
Here are a few things you will want to think about:
1). How can the windows that you choose improve your home’s energy efficiency?
There are different types of windows that will work best for your home and its energy efficiency. Things like climate and your home’s design will play a big role.
2). What’s the window operation, for the window type?
Some operating types have lower air leakage rates than others, which will improve your home’s energy efficiency.
Here are a list of traditional operating windows:
- Awninging- generally have a lower air leakage rate than sliding windows
- Casement- usually have lower leakage rates than sliding windows because when closing, the sash presses against the frame
- Fixed- not suitable for places where window ventilation is desired. When properly installed they are airtight.
- Hopper- lower leakage rates due to the sash that closes by pressing against the frame.
- Single/Double hung- These sliding windows have higher air leakage rates than projecting windows or hinged windows.
- Single/Double Siding- These windows have a higher leakage rate than projecting and hinged windows.
At Harrington & Company we carry a wide variety of windows including our Cascade and Milgard windows. You can view them here.
“Milgard is one of the largest and most trusted names in windows and doors.
Whether you’re doing a full home remodel, new construction, or replacement, we have windows and doors in shapes and styles that can be used in combinations to improve the beauty, comfort and energy efficiency of your home.”
Come visit our showroom at one of our 5 locations nearest to you and see what windows are a good fit for your home.
Call us today! (801) 972-3131 thanks for choosing Harrington & Company. www.harringtonco.com